OnePlus has always been the company that offers flagship models at a fairly affordable price. This time, OnePlus 6 is coming with exciting upgrades. It will be the replacement to the highly successful OnePlus 5T which has also been one the most affordable flagships in the market.
OnePlus 6 will be officially launched on May 16th and will be available in selected locations for sale from May 21st onwards. It is rumored that the OnePlus 6 will be much expensive when compared to the $499 OnePlus 5T. According to a few leaks, it is known that the price of the phone might be as high as $750 for the 256 GB variant and somewhere around $520 for the 64 GB variant.
The Key Specifications Of The Smartphone
- The OnePlus 6 smartphone will come with a 6.28-inch display, whereas the OnePlus 5T variant had only a 6.15-inch screen. Though there is an increase in the screen size, it isn’t considerably large.
- OnePlus 6 will run on Android 8.1 (Oreo) Operating System. OnePlus 5 came with the 7.1 version of Android can be currently updated to 8.1 as well.
- It is rumored that OnePlus 6 will come with a 1.8GHz octa-core processor like the OnePlus 5T. However, OnePlus 6 will come with a Snapdragon 845 whereas the OnePlus 5T had Snapdragon 835. There are few subtle advantages that come with a Snapdragon 845. Check out this article to know more about the difference and upgrades when it comes to Snapdragon 835 vs. 845.
- There isn’t any difference in the RAM size as the OnePlus six is going to boast a 6 GB of RAM like the 128 and 256 GB variants of OnePlus 5T.
- OnePlus 6 will come with a dual camera setup of 20+16 Megapixels with a front facing camera of 20 Megapixels. The front facing camera coming with 20 Megapixels will be a major upgrade when compared to the 16 Megapixel front facing camera on OnePlus 5t.
- It will come with a proximity sensor, fingerprint sensor, ambient light sensor and gyroscope.
- Dual SIM is supported, and the OnePlus 6 comes with the standard 3.5mm audio jack.
- Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity are present, as usual like all other smartphones.
- A hot leak says that the OnePlus 6 will feature a 3450 mAh battery which will be a slight improvement over the 3300 may battery capacity of the OnePlus 5T.
Highlights of OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6 is going to beat almost all the flagships from other manufacturers in terms of the pricing. Yet again, OnePlus is going to be a competitively priced smartphone.
- Until now, there hasn’t been proper water, and dust resistance features integrated into the phones coming from OnePlus. This time, it is confirmed that OnePlus 6 will come with water resistance.
- This latest version will come with a glass design as opposed to the metal unibody style design, which came with the OnePls 3, 3T, 5 and 5T. The glass rear on this phone will be an exciting design decision.
- The screen to body ration has increased to 90% in OnePlus 6. It is said that it will be reaching the standard of Apple’s flagship iPhone X when it comes to the display. Nevertheless, the display will be smaller in size when compared to the iPhone X.
- The screen on OnePlus 6 will be the largest OnePlus has ever put on any smartphone it had released so far.
- Upon observing the images of the phone on the official Twitter account, it is speculated that the OnePlus 6 will have a less curvy design when compared to OnePlus 5T. Also, it will be a bit more refined in terms of overall design.
- Though OnePlus 6 will retain headphone jack unlike the iPhone X, a leak says that OnePlus Bullet Wireless headphones will be launched very soon. With that, we can expect the OnePlus to enter into the wireless headphones business too. The OnePlus Bullet Headphones will be a rival to the iPhone’s AirPods.
- OnePlus 6 is not the only OnePlus to feature the glass rear; even OnePlusX boasted a glass rear. It seems that the OnePlus 6 is following the other flagships like Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ and iPhone X in terms of the glass and metal body finish.
- Few leaked, and official images give a confirmation that the fingerprint sensor is not on the front and hence, the rear might be having a fingerprint sensor which is small in size like the OnePlus 5T.
- Though the standard variant that is widely discussed right now is the 256 GB storage and 8 GB RAM, there are few speculations which say that there might be a variant with lesser storage as well.
- While OnePlus has always been boasting about the speed of the smartphone, there have been similar rumors about the fact that this phone is going to be very fast in terms of its operation and everything.
You should buy this phone if you’re considering to use Android 8.1 and haven’t purchased any OnePlus variant yet. This is a good flagship model which will be priced competitively when compared to the other flagships like Galaxy S9/ S9+ and iPhone X. On the other hand, if you’ve purchased the OnePlus 5T at the end of 2017, there isn’t much of a necessity to upgrade to OnePlus 6.[simple-author-box]